Difference between revisions of "Old:UniServer AWStats for 4-Mona"
m (BobS moved page UniServer AWStats for 4-Mona to Old:UniServer AWStats for 4-Mona without leaving a redirect)
Latest revision as of 12:58, 21 June 2013
UniServer AWStats plugin for Uniform Server 4-Mona series
This plugin installs AWStats on The Uniform Server 4-Mona series. AWStats is a free, powerful and fully featured tool that generates advanced web, streaming, ftp or mail server statistics in graphical format.
The latest version of AWStats (6.8) requires extra Perl modules that are not included in a default installation of The Uniform Server 4-Mona. The plugin installs these extra modules along with password protection for online viewing.
This page describes how to install the AWStats plugin and provides information for viewing stats on-line.
Download and Install
- Download file UniServer_AWStats_1.0.exe from Sourceforge
- Save it to folder UniServer.
- To extract files, double click on file UniServer_AWStats_1.0.exe; no need to change the path.
- If you wish to save space, you can delete UniServer_AWStats_1.0.exe
- Download file UniServer_AWStats_1.0.zip from Sourceforge
- Save to any folder (e.g. temp1)
- Extract files, navigate to folder UniServer_AWStats_1.0
- Copy the entire contents (read_me.txt and folder udrive) to The Uniform Server's folder UniServer, allowing overwrite.
- If you wish to save space, delete temp1
Folders and files
The following are added to The Uniform Server
- AWStats is installed in folder UniServer\udrive\cgi-bin\awstats
- Password file .htpasswd can be found in folder UniServer\udrive\htpasswd\awstats
- Perl modules Encode.pm and bytes.pm are added to folder UniServer_AWStats_1.0\udrive\usr\lib
- Perl support modules are included in folder Encode
- Folder \UniServer\udrive\www is updated with folders css, icon and js containing support files for AWStats.
Testing is straight forward:
- Start the servers
- Type the following into a browser http://localhost/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl
The plugin defaults to restricting access to localhost. This can be overridden to put AWStats online, allowing you to view your server stats over the Internets. This may be a security risk hence you have the option to password protect this information.
Default Local access only
Local access is implemented using a .htaccess file located in folder \Uniform Server\udrive\cgi-bin\awstats
The file contains the following lines:
Order Deny,Allow Deny from all Allow from 127.0.0.1
The line Allow from 127.0.0.1 restricts access to localhost only. This prevents every one on the Internet viewing your stats information. You can however view the statistics page locally.
View Stats on-line
To view your server statistics online password protect folder awstats.
Enable Password protection
The above .htaccess file contains additional lines allowing you to password protect folder awstats.
To put your stats online, edit file Uniform Server\udrive\cgi-bin\awstats\.htaccess as follows:
Comment (add hash) these lines as shown: (Allows anyone access)
#Order Deny,Allow #Deny from all #Allow from 127.0.0.1
Uncomment (remove hash) these lines as shown: (Enables name/password protection)
AuthName "Uniform Server - Server Access" AuthType Basic AuthUserFile /htpasswd/awstats/.htpasswd Require valid-user
Set new name and password
The default name and password is root. Since they are compromised they need changing as follows:
Edit file UniServer\udrive\htpasswd\awstats\.htpasswd
Default: Contains the following:
Change: Choose a suitable name and password and change the file as follows:
To view on-line
Type the following into a browser: http://your_domain_name/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl
Installing AWStats with this plugin is easy. To view your stats on-line requires minimum of changes.
The stats provided may not meet your requirements, however AWStats and Apache are both customisable. For details, check out AWStats web site.