First thing is that you have to download the program from the loader download page. (.zip)
If still using PHP 5.0.0 - 5.0.2, download the PHP 5 loaders at the end of that page rather than the top ones. Do not download the bottom ones for PHP 5.0.3+!
- Uncompress the package using WinZip or any other uncompression software.
- Copy the ioncube_loader_win_X.X.dll to your PHP extensions folder.
Note: The X.X stands for your PHP version number!
- Navigate to /usr/local/php/ and edit the php.ini file and add this line (broken over two lines for readability) before any other zend_extension line (there should be none if u have not installed it)
\usr\local\php\extensions\ioncube_loader_win_X.X.dll Note: Where X.X is the same thing as your PHP version number!
- Restart the server.
- Copy the ioncube-encoded-file.php file into your /www directory.
- Test it and see if it works.