The Uniform Server Development Status
Series ZeroXIII (11): 100% A redesign, with interchangeable parts. Many times we have been asked how to change out just one module, so that PHP can be regressed, for example. That has not been possible until now. With Series ZeroXI-III, The Uniform Server allows the "jigsaw puzzle" of WAMP to have the parts replaced as you desire, or to keep the parts up-to-date. You can also install modules that are developmental versions for testing.
Series 8-Coral: 100% READ THIS FIRST! --> DETAILED documentation (Yeah, even those of you who don't read manuals!)
This new version is a significant rewrite of the control programs.
- The main controller is now an html application program (.hta) referred to as UniController.
- The tray-based control panel has been modified to a plugin.
- Apanel has been scrapped and its functions are now all in a server control panel in UniController.
- A new, detailed documentation set in HTML format is included. This is the same information that's in this Wiki, meaning you don't have to be online to read it.
Coral UniTray Plugin: There are three version of Coral UniTray:
- Basic: File Coral_Unitray_basic_8_1_0.exe
Coral UniTray Basic provides menu items to launch either of the two UniController menus for running the servers as a standard program or as a service.
- Intermediate: File Coral_Unitray_intermediate_8_1_0.exe
Coral UniTray Intermediate, in addition to the basic version functionality, includes direct Apache and MySQL server control. It eliminates the need to first open the UniController menu before running servers as a standard program or as a service.
- Full: File Coral_Unitray_full_8_1_0.exe
Coral UniTray Full expands UniTray’s capabilities to include the most commonly used server utilities.
Coral Intl Plugin: To keep The Uniform Server footprint small, support for the PHP Internationalization extension is provided as a separate plugin. The Internationalization extension (Intl) is a wrapper for the ICU (International Components for Unicode) library. Since it is tied to PHP, be SURE that you download the matching version. The current versions are:
- For Coral_8.5.3, which uses PHP 5.4.2, use Coral_Intl_8_4_2.exe.
- For Coral_8.4.0 through Coral_8.5.1, which use PHP 5.4.0, use Coral_Intl_8_4_0.exe.
- For Coral_8.1.1 through Coral_8.3.1, which use PHP 5.3.10, use Coral_Intl_8_1_1.exe.
- For Coral_8.1.0, which uses PHP 5.3.9, use Coral_Intl_8_1_0.exe.
Coral_8.0.0 installations should upgrade to a later version, at least 8.1.2.
Stable, but with outdated components:
Series 7-Orion: 100% Support Material
This version is no longer under maintenance.
Version 4.5-Mona: 100% Support Material
Uses US Tray Menu 2 instead of The UniTray. Uses VC9 (Visual C++ 2008) instead of VC6 (Visual C++ 6.0).
Plug-In Development Status
Server Side Plugins
- AWStats (5.9) @ 100% [Stable Release]
- Stunnel (4.05) @ 100% [Stable Release]
- FileZilla Server (0.9.33) @ 100% [Stable Release]
- SlimFTPd (3.16) is 100% [Stable Release]
- Quick 'n Easy FTP Server Plugin (2.6) @ 100% [Stable Release]
- Resin (3.0.11) @ 75% [On-Going Development]
- Tomcat (4.1.31) @ 55% [On-Going Development]
- ActivePython (5.5.7) @ 55% [On-Going Development]
- The UniTray (2.0) @ 100% (Part of 5-Nano and later)
Admin Side Plugins
Future Development List