The Uniform Server Wiki System
Welcome to The Uniform Server's Wiki System!
We currently have 537 articles online.
For newcomers, please read the Server Introduction.
Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines on adding articles to this wiki system.
The Uniform Server Development Status
Active and current:
Series Zero: 100% A REDESIGN, with interchangeable parts.
Many times we have been asked how to change out just one module, so that PHP can be regressed, for example. That has not been possible until now. With Series Zero, The Uniform Server allows the "jigsaw puzzle" of WAMP to have the parts replaced as you desire, or to keep the parts up-to-date.
Series 8-Coral: 100% READ THIS FIRST! --> DETAILED documentation (Yeah, even those of you who don't read manuals!)
This new version is a significant rewrite of the control programs.
- The main controller is now an html application program (.hta) referred to as UniController.
- The tray-based control panel has been modified to a plugin.
- Apanel has been scrapped and its functions are now all in a server control panel in UniController.
- A new, detailed documentation set in HTML format is included. This is the same information that's in this Wiki, meaning you don't have to be online to read it.
Coral UniTray Plugin:
There are three version of Coral UniTray:
- Basic: File Coral_Unitray_basic_8_1_0.exe
Coral UniTray Basic provides menu items to launch either of the two UniController menus for running the servers as a standard program or as a service.
- Intermediate: File Coral_Unitray_intermediate_8_1_0.exe
Coral UniTray Intermediate, in addition to the basic version functionality, includes direct Apache and MySQL server control. It eliminates the need to first open the UniController menu before running servers as a standard program or as a service.
- Full: File Coral_Unitray_full_8_1_0.exe
Coral UniTray Full expands UniTray’s capabilities to include the most commonly used server utilities.
Coral Intl Plugin:
To keep The Uniform Server footprint small, support for the PHP Internationalization extension is provided as a separate plugin. The Internationalization extension (Intl) is a wrapper for the ICU (International Components for Unicode) library. Since it is tied to PHP,
be SURE that you download the matching version. The current versions are:
Coral_8.0.0 installations should upgrade to a later version, at least 8.1.2.
Standard maintenance for 8-Coral, and release of Series Zero. :-)
Stable, but with outdated components:
Series 7-Orion: 100% Support Material
This version is no longer under maintenance.
Version 4.5-Mona: 100% Support Material
Version 5.7-Nano: 100% Support Material
Supplementary support for 5-Nano Series
This is also applicable to 7-Orion.
Uses US Tray Menu 2 instead of The UniTray.
Uses VC9 (Visual C++ 2008) instead of VC6 (Visual C++ 6.0).
Plug-In Development Status
Server Side Plugins
Admin Side Plugins
Future Development List
In the Wiki news
This is a Modular system. You will likely want to download specific modules to add to it. These are at The Uniform Server ZeroXImodules.
Changes in this release:
- Updated ZeroXI_phpmyadmin_4_2_7_.exe to ZeroXI_phpmyadmin_4_2_9.exe
- Updated Updated ZeroXI_php_5_4_32.exe to ZeroXI_php_5_4_33.exe
- Updated Updated ZeroXI_documentation_1_0_9.exe to ZeroXI_documentation_1_1_0.exe
Added above modules and the following:
- Updated Updated ZeroXI_php_5_5_16.exe to ZeroXI_php_5_5_17.exe
Over the next several months we will be revising and restructuring the Wiki, as well as adding new content aimed at supporting the upcoming Zero series of The Uniform Server. If you are searching for any pages that seem to no longer be available, look in the "Old:" namespace. For example, the 4.0-Mona series is now found in Old:4.0-Mona. You can use the Special pages > All Pages search to look for pages in the Old: namespace.
Did you know...
- ...that there are several application plugins available for The Uniform Server?
- ...that you can install The Uniform Server without getting any dust on your pc or in your registry?